My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
Ernest Hemingway

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Long awaited


Hello readers who happen to stumble upon my blogspot (by accident or on purpose), welcome! I decided to revive this blog and use it to show off my superior writing skills (ha). I wanted to discuss an advertisement I created for the Kanpai of Tokyo bar this past year.

If you're a little slow like I can be sometimes, the picture to the right is the advertisement I created. My manager came up to me one day and asked if I would like to help her create an ad for our new pomegranate martinis and I was all for it. I love being creative.

So I started out with just the picture of a pomegranate martini. I know I wanted something catchy on it and also tie in to the popularity in the pomegranate martinis. I put together the sentence up top and was thrilled. I thought it looked like an ad you would read in a magazine. Short and simple, enticing the customer to see what they really have been missing out on.

The font choices to me were easy. The main message was meant to emulate an ad that really would be in the magazine, so I went with a font that seems simple, plain, and easy to read. I chose the one at the bottom because italic script always seems so...fancy, so I went with that one.

So there is an original Ashley Turner, guys. How proud are you?? I know I'm super proud and I have completed my task of showing off my *ahem* superior writing skills for the day.

No comments: