My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
Ernest Hemingway

Friday, April 4, 2008

The results are in...


Welcome back! Where we left off last time was my proposal to put the Uncertainty Reduction Theory to use in my own life. First of all, here is a picture of me and the girl I bonded with.

When I went over to my friend's room, her two friends whom I've never met were there bonding it up already. I was introduced to Lauren and automatically I told her I liked her shirt. It seems that every time I bond with a female I look for something on her person (subconsciously) and compliment her on it. It is either her shirt, shoes or purse. With Lauren it was her shirt.

One thing I pointed out as well is that my middle name is Lauren. So take a moment here. This Uncertainty Reduction Theory seems to be on point here. I just revealed to this person that my middle name was the same as her first, but if this weren't the first time I met her, I would not have mentioned that. Huh. So it turns out that scholars are on to something with this theory...

Or I'm just really awkward.

1 comment:

Mihaela V (@mihaela_v) said...

The idea of doing this "experiment" is so funny! Well, maybe you are making a friend? Anyway, fun way of discussing uncertainty reduction!