My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
Ernest Hemingway

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lazy Sundays

I have jotted down some stuff for my first theme: urges. I'll copy it down here just to get the ball rolling. Now. Just to clarify my writing style, each week will be different. Some weeks I may write a short story, some weeks I may write a continuing story, some may be a poem, and others just feelings written down. Here's some ramblings for the previous week.

So many urges inside.
One person cannot hold them all.
Urges to be good; urges to be bad.

I'm a daughter. I'm a Christian.
Both urges seem good.
But when I feel that pull,
I decide to go bad.

There are good urges.
Be a good daughter; respect.
But the other side, they're bad.
Drink, cuss, steal; I'm consumed.

A fire burns inside.
Good and bad rages.
It's a never ending battle.
And who knows which side will win.

Be an asset to your community,
and give your all for free.
But then you need to earn your keep.
Go out, work; then fall.



Promise I'm not always this melodramatic :-D It's just been a stressful week. Okay, next week I will post a new theme and some more writin' for you guys!

No comments: